New from J&M Products – the bump steer kit for the 2005-2014 Mustangs. This tough aluminum kit is designed to eliminate bump steer and unpredictable steering. See more details below.
J&M Products/hotpart.com has designed and manufactured a bump steer kit for the 2005-2014 Mustangs with a CNC machined 6061-T6511 aerospace aluminum body. The spherical rod end bodies are manufactured from heat treated chrome moly alloy steel and are then clear zinc coated.
The ball in the body is PTFE lined 52100 steel and hard chrome plated rated at a static radial load of 18,000 lbs.The tapered stud is machined from forged high strength steel and heat treated, the threads on the stud are rolled not cut after the heat treating process to assure strength and concentricity.
- Correct taper on pin, no need to increase taper bore size or use a bushing
- A must for lowered cars
- Replaces factory tie rod ends with spherical rod ends for precise steering control
- Aerospace 6061-T6511 aluminum adjusting collar black anodized
- Mil-A-8625 Type II black anodized finish for corrosion resistance
- Tapered stud is machined from forged unique 4340 chrome-moly, and heat treated to the tensile strength of a grade 8 bolt then clear zinc coated
- Helps eliminate Bump Steer, prevents uneven tire wear and unpredictable steering
- Rod end bodies are constructed of heat treated chrome moly alloy steel and clear zinc coated with a sintered bronze PTFE impregnated internal liner, just like modern long life ball joints
- Threads are rolled (not cut) after the heat treat process for concentricity and strength