The first East Coast stop on the Goodguys‘ 2018 event tour brings them to the North Carolina State Fairgrounds outside Raleigh, for the Fourth-Annual North Carolina Nationals. From sunrise to early evening, April 27 through 29, droves of the South’s finest classics, muscle cars, hot rods, and pristine pickups can be seen cruising the grounds.
Goodguys is hoping to see mild temperatures and sunny skies. The perfect car show weather. You’ll want to get to the venue early, as real estate will be at a premium as droves of “Goodguys” fill the grounds with candy-colored vehicles. You will also want to hit the swap meet early, so someone else does not get the deal you were looking for. You can also take the time to peruse the outdoor vendor midway and the tire burning AutoCross action. Your weekend will be filled with activities and excitement.
Saturday night is all about the Demolition Derby! The Goodguys Demolition Derby, produced in association with R&W Promotions, LLC, brings the competition of crashing to life. Competitors will battle in several classes to see who has the last car standing. Gates will open at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, with competition beginning at 6:00 p.m. Vehicles in the Mini and Full-Size classes will battle it out in the dirt!
New to the event this year—The Goodguys-Sponsor Smash Up! Six Goodguys event sponsors—Baer Brakes, Designer Street Rods, Goolsby Customs, Meguiar’s, Mother’s Polish, and the Roadster Shop will be smashing it up for bragging rights. Also added is the compact-car Figure-8 race! The winner of the Figure 8 gets $100 plus the entry fees from the other participants. Pits open at 10:00 a.m. Tech is open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You can save $5.00 and purchase a special Saturday car show/demo derby ticket for $22.00. Combo tickets can be purchased at the car show gate on Saturday. After 5:00 p.m. Demo Derby tickets can be purchased for $10.00. Kids are $6.00 for the demolition derby.
Grab the family, tell your friends, top off your car, blow off the dust, and come out and enjoy all the cars, people, and good times at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds for the Goodguys Fourth North Carolina Nationals. Click here for event details or to get vehicle registration info for the 4th North Carolina Nationals.
- More than 1,500 rods, customs, classics, muscle cars and trucks through ’87
- Spectre Performance All American Sunday welcoming American-made or powered vehicles of all years
- Goodguys AutoCross – Featuring 16-car “Rumble in Raleigh” presented by BF Goodrich
- Goodguys Saturday Night Demolition Derby
- Indoor car show featuring hot rods, customs, historic NASCAR vehicles, and more
- Burn Out Competition
- Vendor and Manufacturer Exhibits
- Swap Meet
- Cars 4 Sale Corral
- Live music with Night Shift and Big Love
- Kids Zone – Free arts and crafts, games, prizes, and more!
- Kids Free Revell Model Car Make-N-Take – Get your kids involved in model building
- Featured Car Club: Tarheel Tigers Pontiac Car Club
- *Saturday Specialty Parking Areas are a huge attraction at Goodguys events! Held on Saturday (at all events) from 7:00 a.m. through Noon, these areas offer distinctive parking in high-traffic areas of the shows for specific genres of cars and trucks, dash plaques for all participants and a shot at a Goodguys award!
- All American Sunday presented by Spectre Performance
- Goodguys Builder’s Choice
- Camaro Corral presented by Race Ramps
- Deuce Doin’s presented by Affordable Street Rods
- Homebuilt Heaven presented by Speedway Motors
- Mighty Muscle presented by Detroit Speed, Inc.
- Tri 5 Chevy Corral
- Trick Truck Corral presented by Lucky 7 Speed Shop
- Ya Gotta Drive Em’ presented by QA1
- YoungGuys/Gals presented by Goolsby Customs
* Please Note: Pop-up tents are not allowed in the Saturday Special Parking Areas