New from Pertronix – the Digital HP Ignition is now available through Summit Racing. This ignition offers better spark timing for improved combustion and more horsepower. See more details below.
It’s no secret that Pertronix knows its way around an ignition system. So when it debuted the new Digital HP Ignition, we figured it would be good.
And the Digital HP is good—really good. It packs over 187 millijoules of spark energy, which Pertronix says is 30% more than comparable ignition boxes. What’s more, the Digital HP’s microprocessor-controlled, capacitive discharge design produces multiple sparks twice as fast as the competition—all the way to your engine’s redline. That means better spark timing for improved combustion, which helps produce more horsepower.
- 70% smaller box than the competition to better fit in tight spaces
- Integrated three-step digital rev limiter for burnout and launch control plus over-rev protection
- RPM trigger output to control shift lights, solenoids and other RPM-triggered devices
- Adjustable start retard for easier starting of high compression engines
- Tachometer output lead provides an electrically pure digital tach signal, has added filters for OE tachometer compatibility
- Onboard diagnostics and tach calibration with easy to use rotary switch
- Locking connector for positive harness retention