FRPP Z2 Cylinder Heads For 289/302/351W SBF
- Fits 289/302/351 Windsor engines
- Cast from prime 356 T6 aluminum
- Heads retain Ford OEM intake and exhaust port location and flange
- Intake ports feature a unique “Velocity Vane” in port floor to direct airflow around the valve stem – that leads to more HP and torque throughout the full power range
- 20° degree inline valve angle
- Premium stainless steel valves – 2.05″ intake 1.60″ exhaust valves
- PAC 1219X conical style valve springs with machined retainers and 10° machined valve locks. Most hydraulic cams can be used with these springs.
- Valve spring closed pressure – 145 lbs. @1.800″
- Valve spring open pressure – 358 lbs. @ 1.175″
- Coil Bind @1.100” 0.650” Max Lift.
- Includes laser cut guide plates for use with 5/16″ pushrods and 7/16″ rocker studs
- Steel alloy intake and exhaust valve seats
- Manganese-bronze valve guides
- 63cc combustion chamber
- Uses gasket style 14mm spark plugs
- Uses standard roller rocker – M-6564-K351 recommended
- Check piston to valve clearance including radial valve clearance before installing these cylinder heads on your engine
- Uses Intake gasket – M-9439-A50 and FelPro exhaust gasket part number 1487
Fitting all 289/302/351W applications, the second generation “Z” cylinder head package (PN M-6049-Z2) is the solution for those who are in search of a high performance, street capable cylinder head package which is capable of supporting more than 500 horsepower – all while comfortably fitting in stock small-block engine bays.
Slotted between the famous “X” cylinder head and the first generation “Z” package, the Z2 caters to enthusiasts who are looking to make in excess of 425 horsepower while using headers that have a stock bolt pattern. Albeit these cylinder heads have now come to fruition, it was not an easy endeavor.
“There is always a challenge to incorporate a production level design and testing program into an aftermarket application,” said Tom Dettloff, parts engine engineer for Ford Performance in its press release. “For example, the unique “velocity vane” intake port was extensively tested on (2) displacement engines.
“First, on a 363 cubic-inch (302 based) crate engine and secondly on a 427 cubic-inch Windsor based crate engine. The findings revealed that on a 363 inch engine, the velocity vane was worth 3-7 horsepower from 4500-6500 rpm vs. the same port without the vane. On the 427 engine, the power was equivalent with or without the vane. Professional engine building machining standards are met with all of our aftermarket products.” he concluded.
The cylinder head package comes assembled with premium spin-tron tested components from leading valve train suppliers. The head is equipped with 2.050-inch stainless steel intake valves and 1.600-inch 23-8N stainless exhaust valves, respectively.
Interested in a set of these cylinder heads for your hot rod? Head over to Ford Performance Parts’ website and check them out for yourself.