The Daytona Coupe is a timeless design created by Peter Brock. Now, thanks to a deal between Brock Racing Enterprises and Shelby Legendary Cars, you can now buy a continuation coupe from the man himself.
Of all my personal cars, my Daytona Coupe is my favorite. — Peter Brock, Brock Racing Enterprises
“Peter Brock not only led the design of the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, he helped race director Ken Miles turn it into dominant competitor that won the 1965 FIA sportscar world championship,” said Lance Stander, CEO of Shelby Legendary Cars and Superformance. “It was an incredible achievement that has never been matched by any American carmaker since.”
Since 2005 Peter has owned a Superformance Daytona Coupe, and over time he has developed a number of personal touches for his car. As part of this agreement, those options will now be available on Daytona Coupes sold via BRE. On the other side of the equation, Shelby Legendary Cars will sell his patented Aerovault aerodynamic car haulers.
BRE Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Features
• 21-gallon stainless steel fuel tank
• FIA 15-inch wheels painted white or 18-inch Shelby Wheels and tires
• Daytona Coupe decals including Daytona, Le Mans or Sebring
• BRE badges
• Stewart Warner gauges
• Shelby-branded leather surface seats
• Roll bar
• Air conditioning
• Power steering
• Power windows and locks
• Coilover independent suspension
• Shelby original style round tube frame
• Shelby brakes with vented rotors
• Ceramic-coated headers and side pipes
• Peter Brock signature on the dash plaque
• Transverse nose team stripe
• Right hand drive conversion
• Sound deadening and heat dissipation system
If the coupe is a favorite of yours and you decide to pick one on from BRE, it will arrive with a Shelby Certificate of Origin, a Shelby serial number, Shelby badges, and a Shelby dash plaque adorned with Peter’s signature. These vehicles are also eligible to appear in the Shelby Registry.