This year marks two decades that Ford has celebrated the Mustang within the confines of the massive Woodward Dream Cruise. The larger event celebrates all forms of automobiles along Woodward Avenue through the towns around the Motor City from Ferndale to Pontiac on August 16-18, 2018, but Mustang Alley is all about our favorite pony car.
“For Ford fans, the best way to experience Woodward is to take a stroll in Mustang Alley where several hundred ’Stangs of every vintage dominate the Ford display along 9 Mile Road at Woodward every summer,” says the company. “This year, Ford’s Mustang Alley during the big cruise is set for Saturday, August 18.”
In honor of 20 years of Mustang Alley, the company is pulling out all the stops with a host of events celebrating the Mustang. There will also be some activities for fans of other Ford vehicles, but the event is obviously branded for Mustangs. There are expected to be over 1,000 Mustangs on display and the Blue Oval will show off several special models of its own, including a new vehicle set to break cover on Thursday.
The announced events (see sidebar) include a parade of Mustang Bullitts, the debut of the one-off blue Bullitt up for auction, and the delivery of the much-heralded Eagle Squadron auction Mustang by none other than Vaughn Gittin Jr.
The Woodward Dream Cruise is definitely a bucket-list event, and if you can make it this year it looks to be something really special. For more details on Mustang Alley, visit its official site here.
Ford Woodward Dream Cruise Highlights
• Opening Ribbon Cutting: Ribbon cutting followed by police parade to open Woodward Dream Cruise (9 Mile and Woodward Avenue, Friday, August 17, 5 p.m. EDT)
• 20th Anniversary of Mustang Alley: Ford expects as many as 1,000 Mustangs lined up for nearly a mile (9 Mile and Woodward Avenue, Saturday, August 18, all day)
• Bullitt Parade: New 2019 Mustang Bullitt and historic Mustang Bullitt models parade down Woodward Avenue (Starting at Our Lady of La Salette Church, Saturday, August 18, 7:00 a.m. EDT)
• Eagle Squadron Mustang GT Presentation: Vaughn Gittin Jr. delivers one-of-a-kind Eagle Squadron Mustang GT to AirVenture auction winner (Saturday, August 18, 1 p.m. EDT)
• Ford Driving Skills for Life: Demonstrations and rides on award-winning program’s vehicle handling course as well as virtual reality and 360-degree video of wheel swap as part of the Share the Road bicycle safety campaign (Westborn Market, Saturday, August 18, all day)
• Family SUV and CUV Fun Zone: (Pioneer Park, Saturday, August 18, all day)
• Ford Owners Club Display: Includes Bronco Club and F-Series Club (Pleasant Ridge Park, Saturday, August 18, all day)