When the first line of the auction listing reads, “You are looking at one of the most breathtaking Mustang fastbacks to ever grace this planet,” you know you are probably in for a special treat. One look at the photos and the specification sheet on this 1967 Mustang and you quickly realize that first line was 100-percent correct!
The owner of this car wanted to build a pro drag radial car using only the best parts available and that is certainly what they have done. Starting with what appears to be a pristine 1967 Mustang fastback, they have built a monster around it. But they didn’t just throw a bunch of nice parts together in hopes of building a car, the attention to detail is immediately evident in this car!
1967 Mustang Fastback Mods
• C & C aluminum block
• Winberg billet crankshaft
• Oliver rods
• Diamond Pistons w/ 15:1 compression
• Kaase Boss 429 heads
• COMP Cams solid-roller camshaft, .870-lift
• Hogan aluminum sheetmetal intake
• Two Nitrous Outlet Dry Nitrous fogger kits
• Holley Dominator electronic fuel injection Management System w/ Holley injectors, Holley coil packs and a Holley digital dash
• B&M Pro Bandit shifter w/ line lock
• Strange Engineering Pro disc brakes
• Weld Racing V-series wheels
• Mickey Thompson front runners and Pro Radial rear tires
• Moser Engineering M9 sheet-metal rear housing
• Strange Aluminum third member w/ 3.90 gear
The fit and finish appears to be amazing. The ad does quickly let us know that this is not just a show car however and that it is easily capable of 4 second time slips in the eighth mile!
Ready to pull the trigger on this work of art? This Mustang can be yours for just $185,000 dollars! According to the listing, that’s more money than this went into building this machine and we do not doubt that! This is definitely a no expenses repaired build!
To check it out on eBay for yourself, click here!