Earlier this week we brought you the story of how American Muscle and BAMA Performance broke the naturally aspirated 2015 Mustang record. Going for the all out record of a 2015 on the drag strip period, to date, BAMA broke one of the stock half-shafts in the factory independent rear suspension. Launching nearly any car, near the red line, on slicks, and sticky tires, will do that to almost any IRS system, so it was no surprise when the shaft let go.
With the car upgraded, and repaired, BAMA headed back to the track to go for another record run. This time they were pulling for more than the NA record, BAMA wanted to be the fastest 2015 on the planet to date. To accomplish that goal they hit the strip with the following modifications:
- Full exhaust: custom 1-7/8” long tube headers, O/R X-pipe, race bullet mufflers
- JLT Cold Air Intake
- Suspension Upgrades: custom fabricated
- Weight Reduction to 3,650 lbs with half tank of fuel and driver (Removed passenger & rear seat)
- Slicks and Skinnies: 17” Weld RTS with Mickey Thompson Front Runners and Hoosier Drag Slicks
- DSS 1400 HP Axle Half-Shafts
- DSS One-piece carbon-fiber driveshaft
- 150 shot of Nitrous
- Bama Performance X4 with 93 Track Tune
The previous power adder record was held by the guys at Ford Racing and the supercharged King Cobra Mustang which ran an impressive 10.97. On a 150 shot of giggle gas, BAMA destroyed Ford’s record, running a stout 10.419 at 129.12. That’s better than a half-second on the blown King Cobra, and likely putting BAMA’s sites on the 9-second barrier as their next target. Stay tuned the 2015 Mustang ET wars are just getting started.