The 2019 Bullitt Mustang has finally hit the streets across the country, and this specialty Mustang is proving to offer enthusiasts a car that combines the nostalgic feel of a classic muscle car with all the technology that we expect in today’s modern muscle.
Last week in Los Angeles, Steeda Performance Vehicles, along with Chad McQueen and the team at McQueen Racing took the iconic vehicle to the next level by announcing that production has started on the official Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang. And this is no ordinary Bullitt.
The ultra-high performance edition Bullitt Mustang has been purposely re-engineered for improved driving dynamics, excellent performance, and offers Mustang owners increased exclusivity for the iconic Bullitt Mustang produced by Ford Motor Company.
This special edition reflects the lessons my Dad ingrained in me about what made his personal cars so desirable. – Chad McQueen, Professional Racer
“Ford’s Mustang has always been a big part of my Dad’s legend. I wanted to kick the already-strong performance up several notches without losing that essential style that makes this car so desirable. Less is more,” commented Chad McQueen, professional racer and Steve McQueen’s only son. “This special edition reflects the lessons my Dad ingrained in me about what made his personal cars so desirable.”
Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang
- Naturally aspirated 500hp or Whipple supercharged 775hp
- Available only in Dark Highland Green
- Exclusive McQueen Racing performance tune
- McQueen Racing Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter
- Clutch Spring Assist and Perch Kit Upgrade
- Black aluminum coolant tank
- Front and rear sway bars with “welded-in-place” solid billet ends
- Billet aluminum front and rear sway bar mounts
- IRS Subframe bushing Support System
- IRS subframe alignment kit
- IRS Subframe Support Brace
- Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs
- Bump Steer Kit
- Performance Tuned Struts & Shocks
- Racing Camber Plates
- Ultra-Lite Chassis Jacking Rails
- Extreme G-Trac K-Member Support Brace with Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
- Exclusive Steve McQueen Edition 20-inch wheels (20×10 front, 20×11 rear)
- Nitto NT555 G2 Ultra High-Performance Tires (275/35ZR20 front, 315/35ZR20 rear)
- Available Four-Point Roll Bar with Rear Seat Delete Kit and 6-point Safety Restraints
- Aerodynamic Front Facia Enhancement Package
- Hood Strut Kit
- Signed Steve McQueen Edition Commemorative Print by Camilo Pardo
- Commemorative Steve McQueen Edition Rear License Plate Numbered JJZ109
- Letter of Authenticity and Other Highly Desirable Collectible Items
- MSRP $20,995 Base Ford Mustang Bullitt
Not only are the options above standard additions to an already impressive vehicle, but prospective owners can also choose from a hefty list of additional upgrades including a rear seat delete, four-point roll bar, carbon fiber driveshaft, and upgraded half-shafts. Adding the Whipple supercharger to your order will catapult your Pony to an estimated 775 horsepower, with a 0-60mph time of 3.4 seconds!
Having the option to upgrade your new Bullitt Mustang with this limited edition package is in our opinion a smart investment, and the entire package comes with a 3 year/36,000-mile limited warranty.
For more information on how to place an order on this limited edition vehicle, you can click on the official website here.