New from UMI Performance: Anti-Hop Rear Suspension Kit for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang. Now you can have the edge you have been looking for. Check it out.
Wheel hop or traction issues? We have the solution! Optimize your vehicle’s instant center and improve forward traction by lowering the rear of the lower control arm and adding heavy duty control arms. UMI’s anti-hop kit is designed to increase traction during launch and reduce unwanted wheel hop. Choose 2”, 2-3/4” or 3-1/4” drop to optimize vehicle handling and traction. UMI’s anti-hop kit installed can provide an average 0.10 second (or better) 60-foot reduction and an overall improvement in launch consistency. Anti-hop kit relocation brackets are constructed of a combination of 1/4” and 3/16” CNC laser cut steel plate for ultimate strength and high horsepower applications. The included box control arms are machined from 1”x 2” boxed steel tubing and feature greaseable polyurethane bushings. Anti-hop kit is designed to work on both lowered and non-lowered vehicles and feature multiple settings to optimize vehicle handling and traction.
Installation: UMI P/N 103460 is an easy 1-2 hour bolt in installationand requires no welding, drilling or cutting. All necessary hardware is included for this simple bolt on application. Kit is supplied with hardware, installation instructions.
UMI Testing and Results: Throughout our testing on our 2005 and 2010 Mustang GT’s we found the S197 Mustang to be impossible to launch and extremely difficult to do a burn out without severe wheel hop. We also noticed harsh wheel hop during the first to second shift. Installing this kit can immediately remove this unwanted wheel hop. This kit installed on UMI’s 2010 Mustang GT allowed the car to launch and provided three tenths better in the 60-foot range. (Results will vary depending on power levels and modifications).
- Anti-hop kit works with factory height or lowered vehicles. Simply bolt-in & launch
- Multiple adjustment holes ideal to correct control arm angle on lowered vehicles while improving traction
- Choose 2″, 2-3/4″, or 3-1/4″ drop to optimize vehicle handling and traction
- Track testing shows an average of 0.10 second reduction in 60-foot times
- CAD designed, CNC laser cut 3/16″ and ¼” mild steel
- Boxed control arms feature 1” x 2” steel tubing with polyurethane bushings
- Easy bolt in installation with no modifications needed
- New grade 10.9 hardware included
- Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA.