If you’re looking to have the weekend of a lifetime, filled with all things automotive, then you need to plan on getting together with the Goodguys for a red, white, and blue weekend of celebration and fun. The Goodguys’ 27th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals is once again, converging on Des Moines, Iowa, from June 29 through July 1, 2018. This is one of the most popular Goodguys parties of the year.
This mid-Summer classic will showcase more than 4,000 candy-colored and chrome-plated hot rods, customs, musclecars, trucks, and classics built before 1973. These retina-rewarding rides will be on display throughout the historic and expansive Iowa State Fairgrounds. Plus, you don’t want to miss the exciting Goodguys’ timed, AutoCross racing competition, Saturday night’s fireworks extravaganza, the huge swap meet, and definitely, the car corral. Not only will the previously mentioned attractions fill a weekend, but you’ll find the latest products and trends at over 100 vendor exhibits, live music, incredible food, and so much more. You better plan to be there for a couple days. We also want to let you late-model guys know that your American-made or powered musclecars, customs, and trucks are welcome.
If you want to extend your fun, on Thursday, you can join in on the Poker Run that leaves the registration office at Iowa State Fairgrounds at Noon. There is also a Thursday Kick-Off Party that begins at 5:00 p.m. at Marriott West.
Finally, the evenings are not a bust at any Goodguys event, and at the Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, Friday night is filled with entertainment at the TGIF party that starts at 5:00 p.m. at the Marriott. On Saturday evening, you can watch the fireworks from the grandstands of the venue – booms begin at 8:00 p.m.
As an added bonus for those attending, Goodguys will have Futurliner Number Three on hand. This piece of GM history is part of Dennis Albaugh’s collection, and is also the one that was restored on the television show, Bitchin’ Rides. Number Three underwent a 19-month restoration, and is believed to be the most period-correct Futurliner restoration to date. You will definitely want to see this gorgeous marvel of automotive engineering.
- More than 4,000 street rods, customs, classics, muscle cars, and trucks thru ’87
- Spectre Performance All-American Sunday welcoming American-made or powered vehicles of all years
- Goodguys Autocross – Featuring 16 car “Duel in Des Moines” presented by Speedway Motors
- Goodguys Nitro Thunderfest presented by FuelCurve.com
- Burn out competition
- Saturday night fireworks extravaganza
- Free-style motocross stunt show
- Vendor and manufacturer exhibits
- Swap meet
- Cars 4 Sale Corral
- Model pedal car show
- Live music entertainment with CMT artist Ashley Wineland
- Goodgals arts and crafts gallery
- Kids Zone – free arts and crafts, games, prizes, and more!
- Kids Free Revell Model Car Make-N-Take – Get your kids involved in model building
- RC-Car exhibition, hosted by the Central Iowa RC Addicts
- Hot Rod Repair by ISRA